COVID-19 hygiene best practices
At Deliveroo we take the safety of our riders, restaurants and customers extremely seriously, in particular during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
We know that you will want to make sure you stay safe during this time, as well as help protect the health of restaurant partners and customers. Below are a set of small but important steps you can take to help achieve this.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
● Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
● Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
● Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap
and water are not available.
● Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
● Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Staying Safe while working with Deliveroo
- Always follow Deliveroo’s contact-free drop off and delivery policies
- Make sure to regularly wash your Deliveroo kit or clothes you wear while riding. Click here to order new or replacement kit.
- Wipe down your thermal bag before and after each time you ride.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly before you go online, and carry a bottle of hand sanitiser with you so you can keep them clean throughout your time on the road.
- Always store food in your thermal bag.
- Seal your bag as soon as you’ve packed an order and keep it closed until you’ve reached the customer’s location.
- Regularly check the Australian Government Department of Health website to keep up to date on the advice that they provide.
- Do not log in if you begin to feel unwell or display any symptoms of COVID-19. Seek medical attention straight away and avoid close contact with others.
- Immediately notify us if you have tested positive for COVID-19. We will need to contact any restaurant partners and customers who you may have come into contact with during that period, so we can check whether they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
If you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our dedicated Rider Support team through the Help Centre.
Remember, if you start to feel ill or test positive for COVID-19, follow all medical advice, do not log in and contact us to let us know immediately. For the latest updates and guidance on COVID-19 in Australia, please visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
Other articles you might be interested in…