Join our Rider Safety Advisory Panel
We know that being safe on the road matters to you. That’s why we want to take action.
We’re looking for 12 eligible riders across Australia to take part in our new Rider Advisory Safety Panel, to help us understand how we can have the biggest impact on rider safety.
What will the Rider Safety Advisory Panel do?
The panel’s focus will be on improving safety for all riders, regardless of vehicle type or location.
As a member of the Rider Safety Advisory Panel, you’ll get to:
- Propose safety initiatives to senior Deliveroo staff for the company to potentially adopt
- Develop safety projects alongside our trusted partners, such as the Amy Gillett Foundation
- Work with Deliveroo to establish what action we would like local and national authorities to take to improve road safety and generate awareness of safety issues amongst all road users
How often will the panel meet?
Meetings will be monthly via video conference until the end of the year, with one face-to-face workshop held in Melbourne.
What will I get for taking part?
Members will receive $25 Deliveroo credit for every monthly panel meeting they attend, as well as $300 of fuel vouchers, food and refreshments at the face-to-face workshop in Melbourne. For members traveling to the workshop from outside of Victoria, Deliveroo will organise and pay for flights and accommodation.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
To be eligible to take part in the Rider Safety Advisory Panel, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be up-to-date with all documentation [insurance, licence, registration] and working within the bounds of any visa requirements
- You must have been working with Deliveroo for longer than 3 months and have completed more than 50 Deliveroo deliveries
- You must have completed work with Deliveroo in the 3 weeks prior to the application open date
- You must not have had any fraudulent activity flagged on your account
- You must have no history of verbal or written abuse to Deliveroo’s Customer Care or Rider Support teams, restaurants or customers
Key Selection Criteria for Panel Members
- Gig Economy Advocacy and Passion
- Constructive, collaborative and an effective communicator
- Passionate about rider safety
How do I nominate myself or another rider?
If you’re interested in nominating yourself or another rider to take part in the Rider Safety Advisory Panel, you can apply now by filling in our short application form.
Nominations close at 11:59pm on July 23rd 2019. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms + Conditions
- Nominations are open from 12:00pm on July 16, 2019 and close at 11.59pm on July 23, 2019
- Full Rider Safety Advisory Panel terms and conditions will be made available upon successful nomination
- T+Cs subject to change