Oporto Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Oporto Rider Perk competition (competition), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by Deliveroo Australia Pty Ltd ABN 73 607 915 640 of Level 2, 161 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 (Promoter).
- To contact the Promoter, please call 1800 766 435.
WHO CAN ENTER?
To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
- Be a contracted Deliveroo Australia rider for the duration of the competition period;
- Be 18 years of age or older; and
- Reside and work in New South Wales, Australia.
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
- The competition period commences at 12:01am on 11/11/2019 and ends at 23:59 on 05/01/2020 (competition period), and the Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the competition, eligible entrants must accept 100% of the Oporto orders offered to them in the Deliveroo Australia Rider app, in each week during the competition period.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- A limit of one entry to the competition per person applies.
- The weekly prizes consist of eight (8) fuel vouchers valued at AUD $400 each (weekly prize), as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions. Each winners of the weekly prize will receive one (1) weekly prize and will be ineligible from winning another weekly prize during the competition period.
- The grand prize consist of one (1) Flight Centre voucher valued at AUD $1,000 (grand prize), as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions.
- Winners of the weekly prize remain eligible to win the grand prize.
- The total prizes are valued at AUD $4,200, as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions.
- The prize does not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize such as travel, meals, accommodation, spending money or taxes.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- If the prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any applicable approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- The winner of each weekly prize will be chosen by random draw and will take place at the Promoter’s address at Level 2, 161 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 12pm on each of the following dates:
- Tuesday 19 November 2019;
- Tuesday 26 November 2019;
- Tuesday 3 December 2019;
- Tuesday 10 December 2019;
- Tuesday 17 December 2019;
- Tuesday 24 December 2019;
- Tuesday 31 December 2019; and
- Tuesday 7January 2020.
- The winner of the grand prize will be chosen by random draw which will take place at 12pm on 7/01/2020 at the address of the Promoter at Level 2, 161 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
- The first valid entry drawn during each prize draw will win the prize as described above.
- Each winner will be notified by email and telephone within 2 days of the relevant draw.
- The name of each of the winners will be published on au.roocommunity.com.au. The names of the first four weekly prize winners will be published on the website by 17/12/2019, and the names of the last four weekly prize winners and the grand prize winner will be published on the website by 15/01/2020.
- The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize to each winner within 28 days of the relevant draw.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- If a winner does not respond within 3 months of being notified that they have won the competition, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on no later than 3 months after the first unsuccessful draw, occurring at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prize. The second chance draw winner will be notified by email and telephone within 2 days of the draw.
- If there is a second chance draw, the name of the second chance draw winner will be published on au.roocommunity.com.au within 30 days of the second chance draw..
- The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the second chance draw.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING
- By entering the competition each winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require without remuneration.
- Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition landing page at au.roocommunity.com/oporto-terms-and-conditions. It is the entrant’s responsibility to regularly check the competition landing page for any amendments. Any amendments will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter’s liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or
- use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law including the Australian Consumer Law, if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any entries that are delayed or which are not received for any reason during the competition period.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and for promotional purposes and may, for these purposes, disclose such information to subsidiary and related companies, third parties, regulatory bodies including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and any company with whom the Promoter is running the competition.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of New South Wales apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of New South Wales.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/39874